Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:23:27 +0200
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
To:        "Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro@yandex-team.ru>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@freebsd.org>, "Andrey V. Elsukov" <ae@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ipfw <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [CFT] new tables for ipfw

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Alexander V. Chernikov <
melifaro@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> Hello list.
>
> I've been hacking ipfw for a while and It seems there is something ready
> to test/review in projects/ipfw branch.

=E2=80=8Bthis is a fantastic piece of work, thanks for doing it and for
integrating the feedback.
=E2=80=8B
I have some detailed feedback that will send you privately,
but just a curiosity:

=E2=80=8B...=E2=80=8B

> Some examples (see ipfw(8) manual page for the description):
>

> =E2=80=8B...
>

>   ipfw table mi_test create type cidr algo "cidr:hash masks=3D/30,/64"

=E2=80=8Bwhy do we need to specify mask lengths in the above=E2=80=8B ?

cheers
luigi