Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 14:17:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paul Hsu <support@cdrom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD - HELP !! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 17 May 96 09:06:09 -0400
From: Ralph.Thomas@chembank.com
To: support@cdrom.com
Subject: FreeBSD - HELP !!

  I have some questions about a new FreeBSD install.

  1. I followed the directions in the book to add the CDROM support to the
  KERNEL and regened and booted.
  After I boot, I cannot mount /cdrom.   However, if I boot off of the
  KERNEL.ATAPI I can access the CDROM.  Is there something else, other than
  adding "controller wcd0" to the kernel source ???   Just for info, the
  CDROM is hung off a secondary  leg on the IDE controller with no other
  devices.

  2.  The /stand/sysinstall program will not let me install packages from
  the CDROM (with the kernel.atapi).  It says that the device is not gened.
  But I can mount the cdrom and LS it ???   Also PKG_ADD works.   Is there
  something I'm doing wrong??

  3.  Is the net address questions@FreeBSD.org available ?? I get my mail
  returned.    Are there any other resources for help ??

  Thanks for your help.....