Date:      Tue, 7 Jun 2005 08:54:17 +0200
From:      Nicholas Wieland <nicholas_wieland@yahoo.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Personal Wiki without a webserver/database

 - Ray Seals :
> I would like to have a desktop wiki that doesn't need a big database
> server or web server.  I have been using wikidPad for windows but since
> my main machine is a BSD laptop.  I looked through the ports but
> basically everything wants a web server installed.
>
> Any suggestions?

http://www.instiki.org/

You can install rubygems from ports and 'gem install instiki', but you
can also download the tar.gz and shoot the wiki with 'ruby instiki'.
All you need is Ruby.

HTH,
  ngw
--
checking for life_signs in -lKenny... no
	Oh my god, make (1) killed Kenny ! You, bastards !

nicholas_wieland-at-yahoo-dot-it

http://mail.yahoo.it