Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 14:11:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Richard M. Neswold" <neswold@spiv.fnal.gov>
To:        Sy Braswell <simon@berk.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pulse dialing

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Sy Braswell wrote:

> I configured the /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file and it dials out fine.  problem is
> I have a pulse line and it dials in tone.  any ideas?

This question has no business being posted in a FreeBSD mailing list. It is
a modem question and the answer is in your modem manual. But since we both
are wasting bandwidth, here's your answer:

Instead of dialing out with the "ATDT" command, change it to "ATDP".

  Rich

  Richard Neswold, Accelerator Div./Controls Dept |     neswold@fnal.gov
  Fermilab, PO Box 500, MS 347, Batavia, IL 60510 | voice (630) 840-3454
  'finger neswold@aduxb.fnal.gov' for PGP key     |   fax (630) 840-3093