Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 1995 22:17:56 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: attributions for images

On Sun, 20 Aug 1995, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Aug 1995, Brian Tao wrote:
>
> >     Did you scale down the original to 1024 pixels across?  I can
> > provide originals at that size, if you want (and if it looks better).
>
> 	no i did not.  i would be happy to distribute whatever size you provide.
> scaling down does look better than trying to enlarge an image ;)

    The original as I designed it is 1500x660 (Tatsumi provided me
with a 2700x2700 Daemon to work with!!!), which at 133 or 150 lpi
should produce a banner that will just fit on an A4 sheet of paper
(it'll be a bit tight on US letter at 133 lpi).

> 	hmmm....were these available earlier in the formats that i have?
> i dont understand how the format could have been changed in the course of
> the ftp..... ;|

    It looks like you may have saved it from Netscape or viewed/saved
in a util that write GIF87 format.

    In any case, I've uploaded that part of my home to
http://www.io.org/~taob/, which will be *much* faster for anyone
outside of Taiwan.  Both the large JPEG banner and the small GIF badge
are available there.  The Apache badge is there too, if you use that
HTTP server.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org