Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 10:26:23 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "The Matrix" screensaver, v.0.2

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 07:34:31PM +0200, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> Both versions are available at:
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/~abial/matrix_3.2.tgz
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/~abial/matrix_4.0.tgz

I knew I should have taken the blue pill.

FWIW, there are at least two other 'matrix' implementations out there.
One is part of xscreensaver, and is quite nice -- it's even better if you
halve the size of the image it's using first.  This has the advantage that
the characters actually look like the ones in the film (reversed numbers
and Japanese katana (sp?) characters).  That one's (obviously) X only.

The other is 'cmatrix'.  A web search should turn it up.  As the name
implies, this is a console version.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>