Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:20:03 +0100
From:      Cillian Sharkey <cillian@baker.ie>
To:        Estee Goh <estee@cybersource.com.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to add a new domain to a domain name server

>         My name is estee, i am new in Freebsd. Can anyone help me to solve this
> problem? I want to add a new domain name in domain name server(freebsd),
> how i do it? Thanks in advance, please help, this is urgent...

Well no doubt the FreeBSD box is running BIND...so the configuration
file for named is either /etc/namedb/named.conf for version 8.x or
/etc/namedb/named.boot if you have a 4.x version

take a look at the man page for named and the files in /etc/namedb
for more info. The book DNS & BIND from O'Reilly is very good too.

Regards,
Cillian