Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 1996 23:25:50 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@freebsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        wechin@acs.bu.edu (William Chin)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware Configuration

> I was hoping to install FreeBSD 2.1 (Jan 96) on my computer
> but have a question about my hardware configuration.  I have a
>
> HP Vectra 5/90c
> PCI Bus
> AMD PCI Bus SCSI controller (AMD 79c974)
>
> Does this mean that I am not able to install FreeBSD with my
> current hardware, or is my controller similar to one on the list
> and I just have to correctly assigne it.  One previous suggestion
> was to purchase a new PCI SCSI controller.

This is in the moment really an unsupported controller and you can't
run with it.
Your only chance in the moment is to get one of the supported pci
scsi controllers and use them.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.10  Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe