Date:      Tue, 07 Dec 1999 16:19:41 +0000
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question about updating ports...

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> I CVSupped ports today, and while the list on the website showed a file
> called 'xpdf' under print, i wasn't in my ports directory.  Shouldn't
> CVSup pick up new ports?  Also, I checked my cvsupfile, and even though i
> comment out some collections, ports-print is enabled.
>
> -jm

	Try this :

	# cd /usr/ports
	# make search key=xpdf

This will find everywhere that xpdf is mentioned, in this case it
happens to be in /usr/ports/graphics/xpdf.

When looking at the web page for info on the ports be sure to check
the "Also listed in" line.  Sometimes a port is listed in more than
one category ( xpdf is listed in print & graphics )

--

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu