Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:00:58 +0400
From:      Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vim-script ports

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 10:29:05AM +0400, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> Any particular reason for no vim scripts in ports?
> I'm gonna make some, if there's no secret taboo.

Better late than never :-) For the past two days I've been
playing with some vim scripts. Here's a pre-alpha version of
bsd.vim-scripts.mk and a tiny sample port:
http://people.freebsd.org/~sat/diffs/vim-markdown.tar.bz2

The infrastructure has a separate server side, a simple shell
script running on a server box which retrieves vim scripts from
vim.sf.net, jumps through a couple of hoops and makes tar.bz2
distfiles out of them. I'll publish it later, along with make
hooks for maintainer convenience. It's all very simple so far and
I'll try to keep it that way.