Date:      Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:51:11 +0100
From:      Roland van Laar <the_mip_rvl@myrealbox.com>
To:        tobez@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   perl-5.8 Fails to build on clean system

Hello,

The perl-5.8 make build goes wrong, because of a mistake in
work/perl-5.8.6/makefile. This file is generated during make configure.

At line 931, right below the "# AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED MAKE
DEPENDENCIES etc" a 0 is printed. make build fails with the error:
"makefile", line 931: Need an operator

When I remove the 0 before a make build, the build goes fine.

Running a cvsup version RELENG_5_3 of today and ports tag=.
world source compiled with:
NOGAMES
NOHTML
NOINFO
NOPROFILE
NOMAN
NOATM
NO_MODULES
NO_FORTAN
NO_KERBEROS
NO_GDB
NO_I4B
NO_BLUETOOTH
NO_CVS
NO_USB
NO_LPR
NO_VINUM
NO_SHAREDOCS

I can supply more info if I know which info is needed

Roland van Laar