Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 2014 09:20:07 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?=22=28=E3=83=84=29=22?= <endzed@gmail.com>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg upgrade conflict

Le 5 mars 2014 =C3=A0 18:19, Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org> a =C3=A9crit =
:

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014, at 7:37, (=E3=83=84) wrote:
>> I'm facing this :
>>=20
>> Conflict found on path /usr/local/bin/php between =
php5-5.4.25(lang/php5)
>> and php53-5.3.28(lang/php53)
>>=20
>>=20
>=20
> Are you trying to make php 5.3 the default version for everything in
> your repository? If so, you need to override PHP in your poudriere
> make.conf
>=20
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS=3D php=3D5.3

I have 40+ boxes, some are still running 5.3 and other are running 5.4, =
thus I was looking for a way to use a single repository.=20

Unfortunately and as far as I understand - I'm just beginning with pkgng =
- it seem not possible because pkg set only affect installed pkg and not =
new pkg, right ? As a consequence new pkg installation is trying to =
install dependencies as well, in my case pecl-memcache want php5 and not =
php53...
I can't understand why such an annoying limitation already - it was not =
the case when using ports directly - but anyway the fast fix seem to =
build 2 separate repositories. I'm welcome to any other idea of =
course...

Beside this and since I need to build a repository for each box =
specifics, i guess I'll soon need to build a repository per box... so I =
wonder if it is possible to use a generic repository pkg definition that =
include the hostname, i mean :

today my repository definition contains=20

poudriere: {=20
   url             :
   "pkg+http://xyz.invalid/poudriere/${ABI}",
   enabled         : yes,
   mirror_type     : "SRV"
 }

is there a way to have something like this (already tried it, doesn't =
work because ${HOST} env var is not expanded)

poudriere: {=20
   url             :
   "pkg+http://xyz.invalid/poudriere/${ABI}/${HOST}",
   enabled         : yes,
   mirror_type     : "SRV"
 }

Again as a fast way I'm currently rewriting the actual repository files =
directory using a rewrite rule in the http server conf, depending on =
client IP, but this is not very clean... any suggestion ?

Thanks