Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:10:31 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Fabrice Planchon <fab@math.univ-paris13.fr>
Subject:   Re: thinkpad 560X and pcmcia

On Tuesday 14 July 2009 3:22:57 pm Fabrice Planchon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally booted a linux floppy distro to check whether the pcmcia
> slot was ok or not: it *is* working, as the dmesg output shows.
>
> So it seems like I only have an IRQ assignement problem, which I don't
> see how to solve. None of my attempts were sucessful (through
> /boot/device.hints or /boot/loader.conf). So far, I have tried
>
> On Mon Jul 13 2009 at 03:16:42PM +0200, Vicknesan AYADURAI wrote:
> > I've had similar weirdness with IBM ThinkPad PCMCIA slots before. The
> > first was with a ThinkPad 600, in going from FBSD5.4R->6.1R. I
> > eventually managed to get both ethernet cards on the two slots working,
> > and posted what I did here:
> >
> > http://arkiv.freebsd.se/?ml=freebsd-hardware&a=2006-08&t=2305543
>
> which means having
>
> hw.pci.link.LNKA.irq=11
> hw.pci.link.LNKB.irq=11
> hw.pci.link.LNKC.irq=11
> hw.pci.link.LNKD.irq=11
>
> in the appropriate file. However, the "link.LNK" syntax appears to be
> ACPI related, and the thinkpad 560X does not support acpi.

You can use 'hw.pci.link.0x61.irq=11' for the $PIR syntax that is similar to
the above ACPI syntax (for $PIR you use the link's id in the 'Link' column in
dmesg whereas for ACPI you use the link device's name).

> I also tried this,
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2007-July/009950.html
>
> which means
>
> hw.pci0.2.INTB.irq="10"

You might need to do 'hw.pci0.0.2.INTB.irq="11"' becuase of PCI in 7.0 support
domains/segments now by default.  If that works I have a patch that will let
the old hints still work that you can test.

--
John Baldwin