Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 20:25:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Al Johnson <Al.Johnson@AJC.State.Net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-970807-SNAP as news server

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Al Johnson wrote:

> I've found the SNAP release to be quite stable for me
> doing compiles/ a lot of X Stuff etc, but I'm wondering if
> 3.0-SNAP is stable enought to utilize at an ISP for news.
> The news server would be a Pent 133, 128MB Mem and 3 drives
> ccd'd for the actual news articles.
>
> Any suggestions re: whether or not I should venture down
> this road.  Should I wait for 2.2.5 (although that like
> it might be too far down the road for my needs).

This is a bit more to you.  If you feel comfortable with a 3.0 snapshot,
then by all means use it.  If you're going to set up news, though, I'd
suggest checking out the INN FAQ before getting too involved -- you'll
want to make some changes to the way the filesystem is generated and how
to organize your system for best efficiency.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo