Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:11:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        Veaceslav Revutchi <sl@zeus.dnt.md>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: weird pine problem

Isn't 8.X a public IP?
If this is an internal network (i.e. your house or apartment) you
should be using:

  192.168.0.0 		-> 192.168.255.255
  172.16.0.0		-> 172.31.255.255
  10.0.0.0		-> 10.255.255.255

If this isn't the case then just disregard this entirely.  :)

:Ok, it was a DNS problem after all :)
:But strange, I just added a new ethernet card before that
:and configured it with an IP like (8.8.8.2) temporaryly just to
:test something and when comands like mailq and pine are invoked
:they need to reverse-lookup all the IPs from all the interfaces.
:The 8.8.8.2 was delaying the process, I removed it and everything
:wenk ok.
:Why?
: