Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:06:35 +0200
From:      Arnaud Installe <ainstalle@filepool.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java support

Hello,

On http://www.freebsd.org/java, I read that there is a port of the Java
virtual machine, but versions of FreeBSD prior to 2.2 aren't supported.
Does that mean it won't work on older versions, or just that it hasn't
been tested properly ?
 Another question: are there any mailing lists I can subscribe to when I
want to learn more about administering a FreeBSD machine.  Is there a
kernel mailing list I can subscribe to ?
 If I'm not mistaken the native BSD-filesystem supports journaling, is
that correct ?  Talking about filesystems, have CODA & ReiserFSj been
ported to FreeBSD ?  If so, how stable are they ?
 Also, since I've been using Linux for the past few years, are there any
documents that summarize the differences between both systems ?
 Thanks a bunch,

							Arnaud