Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 16:49:44 -0400
From:      John LoVerso <loverso@infolibria.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP/fxp problem...

> >Let me emphasize that I'm still using the "old" pci/if_fxp.c that was
> >present up to 4.3-RELEASE, not the "new" miibus'ified dev/fxp/if_fxp.c
> >that was MFC'd 6 weeks ago.
>
> Does the new driver not work for you ?

I haven't tried it.

Besides, the new fxp driver hasn't even seen a -RELEASE yet.

Let me emphasize that the machine in question has been happily running
4.1.1-RELEASE with a pair of P2/450s for 8 months now.  Since I made the BIOS
change to fix the fxp problem, it's been rock solid stable.

I see no need to disturb it.

John