Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:08:42 -0500
From:      "Terry Tyson" <ttyson@championelevators.com>
To:        "marlon corleone" <marloncorleone@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: cant write on my msdos partition :/

Marlon,

I just went through this myself. You must also have rights to the devise
itself.

1) chgrp ? /dev/ad0s1
where "?" is the group you want to have access.

2) chmod ### /dev/ad0s1
where ### is the permission values you want. See the handbook for details.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Terry