Date:      Tue, 05 Oct 1999 10:35:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Don Read <dread@texas.net>
To:        Lyndon Griffin <lgriffin@naviant.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: newsyslog question

On 05-Oct-99 Lyndon Griffin wrote:
> What is the recommended way to control when newsyslog rotates files?  What I
> mean by this is I would like to rotate a particular log weekly, which is no
> problem - I figured that much out, but I want the rotation to occur at 7pm,
> for example.
>
> If it matters, the machine is configured for the timezone I am in...  this is
> a 3.3-RELEASE box.

I use different conf files for weekly and monthly rotations
and in the /etc/crontab:

10  0   *   *   0   root    /usr/sbin/newsyslog -f /etc/newsyslog.w.conf
20  0   1   *   *   root    /usr/sbin/newsyslog -f /etc/newsyslog.m.conf

Regards,
---
Don Read                                 dread@calcasieu.com
EDP Manager                                  dread@texas.net
Calcasieu Lumber Co.                               Austin TX
-- the Y2K bug is not a problem. W2K however ...