Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:19:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Hansen <stephen@cerebralmaelstrom.com>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Abbas Karbassian <Abbas.Karbassian@cambridge.simoco.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CDRW

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Abbas Karbassian wrote:
>
> > Could you be kind enough if FreeBsd 4.0 supports IDE `CD RW'.
>
> Yes, it does.  I use an HP 9100 CD-RW with no problems at all.

I've been listening to the various CD-RW question threads, and have been
wondering something -- can it deal with the rewriting capabilities of
CD-RWs? The general response has been to ponit people towards mkisofs and
burncd -- can the latter re-burn stuff onto a RW disc?

I'm assuming you can't mount a RW writable, no? :) That would be too good
to be true :)