Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:34:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Fuhrman <cfuhrman@tfcci.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Neill Robins <freebsd@nc.rr.com>, <dan@langille.org>, "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>, <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: shipping a computer coast to coast

Howdy,

Am catching up on e-mail so my apologies for replying to a 5 day old post.

My observation is that if the instructor is paid to, hmmm, "market"
certain products and lock people into a Microsoft World, then that's a
definite conflict of interest that should be brought up to the Department
or the head of the Business school.

A good argument is would you like your tuition and taxes paying for
Microsoft advertising?

Cheers!

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Brett Glass wrote:

> You didn't happen to go to UT Austin, did you? Not long ago, I noticed
> that UT's Business School had suddenly started teaching Web design
> courses which caused the students to produce Web pages that ONLY worked
> with Microsoft Internet Explorer. It turned out that one of their
> instructors had been named a "Microsoft Scholar" -- and was being paid
> to hawk products and create courses that would lock schools and students
> into Microsoft software.
>
> --Brett

Chris Fuhrman           | Twenty First Century Communications
cfuhrman@tfcci.com      | Software Engineer
(W) 614-442-1215 x271   |
(F) 614-442-5662        | PGP/GPG Public Key Available on Request