Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:10:30 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>
To:        Enkhyl <enkhyl@hayseed.net>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Hardening

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Enkhyl wrote:

> Back when the popper buffer overflow bug sprang forth it was suggested
> that it might be a good idea to go through the OpenBSD change logs and
> evaluate security-related fixes for inclusion in FreeBSD. Is there anyone
> actively working on this? If there is a project organized around this, I'm
> willing to help out with the endeavor. Otherwise, I'm willing to embark on
> this endeavor and make a project out of it.
>
> Comments?

I think this one got lost a bit about the point when someone tried to make
an issue of the qualifications of contributors.  Someone correct me if I'm
wrong.

To get to a point where you can declare a piece of code correct is a
difficult thing to do, and is prone to getting it wrong.  To find
something that needs fixing generally isn't all that difficult.

Andrew McNaughton