Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 23:14:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        Steve Sizemore <steve@cmpharm.ucsf.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiboot linux + freebsd on two drives

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Steve Sizemore wrote:

> This is good info - thanks. Having done that, I can now boot linux
> (via LILO) from FreeBSD's BootEasy. I still can't boot FreeBSD,
> however, which is my real goal. (I still think that the problem is with
> boot1 or boot2.)
>
> Does anyone know how to make FreeBSD on /dev/da1s1 actually bootable?
> Thanks.

What kind of errors do you get?  There are two boot loaders, the small
one that gives you the boot:  (not literaly, I hope!  :)  and the
"loader" which counts down the seconds for you.

If you get as far as the loader, there is quite a bit you can do.
There is even online help.  You should look at the variable
"currdev".  If this is not correct, set the variable "rootdev" to the
proper value, and this will override the currdev setting.

If you get this working, you can put these variables into
/boot/loader.conf so you don't have to type them every time.

-Paul.