Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:53:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      yatin chalke <yat_33@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   setting of IP_HDRINCL in freeBSD

Hi,

I am working with raw sockets on freeBsd3.4.

I am creating my own IP & TCP header & want to pass it
along with the packet.

I tried setting up IP_HDRINCL option but it gives me
error in sendto function as "sendto: Invalid argument"

I am using following statement

 if(setsockopt(sockd,IPPROTO_IP,IP_HDRINCL,(char
*)&on,sizeof(on)) < 0)  {
    perror("setsockopt");
    exit(1);
  }

where int on=1;

I am not able to see required data in IP header as it
is not using this option and generating its own ip
header.

I donno why I am not able to set the IP_HDRINCL
option.

If anyone can help me on this it will be great help.
Thank you.
--Yatin

P.S: I am not on mailing list so if u can please reply
me via e mail , I will be highly obliged.