Date:      Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:07:44 -0500
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        Damian Sobieralski <dsobiera@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CheckPoint vpn connectivity with FreeBSD as a Client

Damian Sobieralski wrote:
>  I emailed the original author asking he if found a solution but in the
> meantime, has anyone successfully done this?:
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/mailing.freebsd.net/browse_thread/thread/2c6afd07f3f9ce5a/1a0756273ec59f64
>
>   Basically, we have an environment here that uses Checkpoint vpn.  My
> business' IT department distrubutes SecureRemote for Windows' clients
> to allow machines to get to sensitive resources.  They are very MS
> Windows oriented. I have need (FreeBSD + Tomcat) to get a JDBC
> connection to a database via the VPN.  Does anyone know a) if this can
> be done and b) any resources for me to look at?

FWIW...
I have a similar need (FreeBSD -> SecuRemote Endpoint).  Best I could
come up with was IPSEC + PSK... but my IT dept was unwilling to assist
(I would need the PSK from them).  I beleive it would work if you could
get things setup on both ends.

might look into:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/checkpoint/article.html