Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:20:09 -0300
From:      Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi.sergio@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   libc version

Hello...

I upgrade the server from version 8.2 to 8.3, and rebuild all packages..
it all works...

Then I installed a binary package (8.3) in an old 8.2 ...
every package works... gnome, nautilus, wget.... about 800 of them
the only one that does not work is postgesql84-server
when I try to run it it I got the message:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.3 required
by /usr/local/bin/postgres not found

seems that only postgres is check for the libc version???
is there a compile switch to check for that???

Of course, if I compile postgres in the 8.2 or upgrade to 8.3 it
works...

Thanks for any help,