Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 2007 19:00:39 +0300
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd@codelabs.ru>
To:        Rainer Hurling <rhurlin@gwdg.de>
Cc:        Jiawei Ye <leafy7382@gmail.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X.org, dlopen and -current problem

Gentlemen, good day!

> Same here with two boxes unter CURRENT after update from yesterday. Hope we'll
> find it soon, because both boxes are desktop systems, now without graphics.
>
> xorg-server-6.9.0_5 works well, -6.9.0_6 doesn't.

First I should ask some simple questions:
- I assume that xorg-server and xorg-libraries were recompiled for the
  version 6.9.0_6?
- How you updated the xorg? Via portupgrade, by hands, some other way?

> The description of the newest patches gives me no hints what is going wrong:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/107733

I will try to build the 6.9.0_6 both on 6.x and 7-current, but I expect
that it will be done on Monday. I've tested my patches only for 6.2
as PR says. Meanwhile you can restore Makefiles, remove patches and
downgrade xorg-{server,libraries}. This is not an ideal option, but
if you're really in a great need for graphics -- give it a try, But
systems will be vulnerable then.

> Perhaps Eygene Ryabinkin has any idea?

I have no idea now.  But the output from the 'nm /usr/X11R6/lib/libXfont.so'
and 'nm /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.so' will be appreciated.
And the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf -- too.

Thanks for your report!
--
Eygene