Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:39:19 +0100
From:      Paul Richards <paul@freebsd-services.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Base packaging

I've got a prototype setup that packages the base tree. It turned out to
be very simple. It needs a lot more polishing and testing but it looks
like this can definitely be made to work with just some tidying up and
re-arranging of our existing make files. I've succesfully created
packages of /sbin by adding the following to /usr/src/sbin/Makefile

--
PORTNAME= FreeBSD-sbin
PORTVERSION= 1.0

host# pkg_info -Im FreeBSD\*
FreeBSD-sbin-1.0    sbin
host#

Patches below:

Similar patches are needed in bsd.lib.mk and bsd.prog.mk
if you need to create packages in leaf directories. I've
tested that but not included the diffs here since it's
more likely a package would be at a higher directory level.

*** bsd.subdir.mk       Wed Sep 17 12:47:11 2003
--- new.subdir.mk       Wed Sep 17 13:07:01 2003
***************
*** 90,95 ****
  .if !target(afterinstall)
  afterinstall:
  .endif
! install: beforeinstall realinstall afterinstall
! .ORDER: beforeinstall realinstall afterinstall
  .endif
--- 90,99 ----
  .if !target(afterinstall)
  afterinstall:
  .endif
! .if defined(PORTNAME)
! .include <bsd.syspkg.mk>
! .else
! install: beforeinstall realinstall afterinstall fake-pkg
! .ORDER: beforeinstall realinstall afterinstall fake-pkg
! .endif
  .endif

-----------------------
# bsd.syspkg.mk
LOCALBASE=/
WRKDIR=${.OBJDIR}
NO_WRKSUBDIR=YES
NO_CHECKSUM=YES
NO_BUILD=YES

fetch:
extract:
patch:
configure:

install: beforeinstall realinstall afterinstall generate-plist fake-pkg

.include <bsd.own.mk>
.include "${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.port.mk"

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)