Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:11:13 -0500
From:      "RT" <tr49986@rcc.on.ca>
To:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   NFS Problems

I update 3-Stable nearly weekly, and have been experiencing the same problem
for quite a while now.  NFS imports, on the client side appear to be losing
data.  When this occurs, I see .nfs78969 files on the server side.  The
program on the client side always freezes (top reports it's STAT as 'D').
This occurs regularly.  I've tried nfsv3 and nfsv2.  Read-only imports do
not cause this freezing problem.  The affected file often ends up being a
size of 0.

Are there some switches I should try?  I assume (without testing) that
4-current would also show the same problems as 3-stable.  Which is why I
posted here.

The server is 3-stable, clients are 3-stable.  In fact, they share /usr,
/bin, /sbin, /home and /var/db/pkg.  Everything is read only except /home.
I'd love to get this thing fixed if someone could point me in any direction
at all...