Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:27:26 -0400
From:      Tim Radigan <tradigan@touchdynamic.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipfiltering and ppoe question

hi people.. i have question regarding ipfiltering and pppoe..

here at the office we have a pppoe connection.. i'm using ipfiltering to
block packets, etc.. now.. my question..

when ppp connects via pppoe, my nic (rl1) is not assigned an external ip
address.. however, the tun0 interface is.. when i'm designing my
ipf.rules file, should i set the rules to block and/or pass on rl1, or
the tun0 interface?

same goes for my ipnat.rules file.. should i map the rl1 interface or
the tun0 interface?

any help would be appreciated..

Tim Radigan @ Touch Dynamic
http://www.touchdynamic.com