Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 1996 06:25:11 est
From:      hounddog@juno.com (Hans N Gruber)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help: Idiot on the loose

	Ok, so every list needs a few idiots. I had to download the bin
files one at a time and install FreeBSD from a DOS partition. In order to
save space, I did not install the man pages. Not a smart move considering
I'm a UNIX/LINUX/BSD
ignoramus extraordinaire. Well, I managed to install everything all
right, and I'm going to the library first thing in the morning to get
some books on UNIX and GNU, but I have a couple of questions that I think
will not be covered in books.
	I managed to create a file called "first file" (yes, with a
space), and cannot delete it as FreeBSD is treating as two files which
don't exist. Nextly, I created a user on the system (which is me), mainly
because it seemed at the time (during install), that it was the thing to
do. How do I log on as admin instead of user? ( did I mention I am an
idiot?) Thirdly, I wish to install the man pages. My disk space situation
is  looking pretty grim. I already have the minimum install, but is there
any way to streamline by removing unnecessary files? I am running single
user PC, no internet, no xWindows, no nothing except G++, the editor,
basic commands. I don't need games, bells or whistles. Any suggestions
would be helpful.
Peace, Hans