Date:      Thu, 08 Jan 2009 12:19:59 -0800
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>,  FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Update should be back to normal

Hi all,

There are now more freebsd-update mirrors and it looks like they're handling the
load quite well.

It's possible that the load balancing between mirrors will need to be tweaked a
bit.  If you have problems accessing a mirror (e.g., if freebsd-update exits
with an error of "downloading files... failed" or complains that a file does not
exist) please:
1. Try again using the -s option to make sure that you're accessing the same
mirror (to make sure that this wasn't a temporary network glitch).
2. Assuming the first mirror still fails, use the -s option to pick a different
mirror.
3. Assuming that the second mirror works, send me an email telling me which
mirror failed and which one worked so that I can have the load balancing adjusted.

--
Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve