Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 02:06:57 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Jim Bryant <jbryant@ppp-207-193-186-1.kscymo.swbell.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: idea: official hardware manufacturer blacklist - let's wake em up!

Jim Bryant wrote:

> > Don't show the negative, only show the positive ... promote those vendors
> > that are open to FreeBSD, don't put down those that don't ...
>
> Translation:
>         Be a good *BOY*, stay in your place.

	Well you're certainly acting like a boy, so if the shoe fits...

> Read my last post, nothing has to be done negatively in posting a
> boycott list, in fact, it would be a highly positive experience.  I
> would think that such corporations would be more than willing to open
> up after a little publicity.

	What you're failing to understand here is that there is nothing about
this approach that could be positive. You're arguing from your
imagination with people who deal with real live hardware vendors as part
of their day to day experience, and are in fact making progress with
bringing freebsd into greater acceptance.

	Once again, this thread is inappropriate for -hackers. Please take it
to -advocacy where it belongs.

--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"