Date:      Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:37:04 +0000
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xorg 7.2/FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT and OpenGL

Hello out there.

Days ago I migrated my lab's box from FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE to
7.0-CURRENT/i386 due to my ZFS-desires.
Before the migration, I used successfully Xorg 7.2 and some very usefull
tools for astronomers, like 'Stellarium'.

Today I tried to install Stellarium out of the ports, the compile
process succeeded but I receive this error after trying to start the
application:

-----
hartmann: stellarium
[ This is Stellarium 0.8.2 - http://www.stellarium.org ]
[ Copyright (C) 2000-2006 Fabien Chereau et al         ]
Warning: Couldn't set 1024x768 video mode (X11 driver not configured
with OpenGL), retrying with stencil size 0
Error: Couldn't set 1024x768 video mode: X11 driver not configured with
OpenGL!
----
LDD result is shown as follows, but very useless, I guess.

My video card is an older ELSA GLADIAC with an older nVidia FX4500
chipset, I guess. But that doen't matter due to the fact prior to the
switch to FreeBSD 7.0 I hadn't any problems with OpenGL.

----
ldd /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nv_drv.so
/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nv_drv.so:
         libc.so.7 => /lib/libc.so.7 (0x2807d000)
----

Sorry, the list may be wrong, but I hope there will be someone out here
also ran into that problem and has hopefully solutions or tips handy.

Thanks in advance,
Oliver

--
Oliver Hartmann