Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:38:39 +0700
From:      "Сергей Верьясов" <serge@custom.irkutsk.ru>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Kernel ppp questions....

Hello !
Greetings from cold Siberia !

I've got a question concerning ppp operation under FreeBSD.
I'm running v.2.2.6 at the office, having just a basic knowledge about this
OS.
Kernel-mode ppp (pppd) is used to support link via  leased line modem
connection.
Everything works just fine.
But when the line conditions change (sometimes it gets noisy ), time after
time modem retrains, hangs up and then reconnects. When this occurs, despite
the -persist option set (I tried both command line and options.ttyd0 file),
pppd terminates with the message like
"Failed to open device /dev/ttyd0 : interrupted system call". All I can do
is to restart pppd each time after modem hangs up and reconnects.
Is there anything can be done to resolve this trouble ? Is the additional
information (config files, etc.) needed ?

I would highly appreciate any advise. Thanks.

Serguei Veriassov
Abakan, Russia.