Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:33:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.2-release and older binaries

I just installed a 3.2 - and cannot get 2.X binaries to run on it.  its
give an error -

ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libc.so.2.2"

Even though the lib is there.  I went thru the rc code to look at the
ldconfig section - both tests match - the elf test, and the i386 test.

Anyone know what Im missing?  It looks to me like ld.so is going only to
the elf hints, and ignoring the aout ones.