Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 2008 12:31:10 -0400
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Zane C.B." <vvelox@vvelox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disabling ulpt for a single device

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 07:33:18 -0500
"Zane C.B." <vvelox@vvelox.net> wrote:

> Is there any way to disable ulpt for a single device? I have one
> device that needs to be recognized as a ugen device by hplip, but
> unfortunately I also desire to keep the ulpt module in place.

No. Further, that's not good enough in general - I only have one USB
printer, but it's got card readers, and hence gets recognized as a da
device, which means no ugen even if I take ulpt out of the kernel,
which means hplip won't work with it.

The usb2 stack should solve all of this by providing a ugen anyway,
but I haven't had time to try it out (the scanner is way down my
project list).

      <mike