Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 1999 22:39:21 +0800
From:      root <vernon@public.bta.net.cn>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.2-RELEASE Install Problem

When I use the 3.2-RELEASE (and the 3.2-CURRENT/3.2-STABLE) kernel
floppy to boot my machine, I receive the following messages

/boot.config: -P
Keyboard: no
-
BTX loader 1.0 BTX version is 1.01

While this message is displayed, the disk spins and COM1 is accessed
(i.e. I have an external modem connected to COM1 and it is taken
off-hook and the send and receive lights indicate activity).  Both the
modem floppy disk activity stop, and the  install hangs.

I thought it might be a keyboard problem (based on the Keyboard: no
message) so I tried unplugging the keyboard, and got the same result.
Also, the keyboard is recognized well enough to allow me to CTRL-ALT-DEL
to restart the machine.

I'm attempting to install on a Dell OptiPlex GX1 Pentium II 400.

Unique items in my config include:
Adaptec 2940U/UW SCSI Controller
    -> WDE9100-1807AU HD
Creative EIDE PC-DVD ROM with Drx2 card
Microsoft Natural Keyboard
Cirque Glidepoint Touchpad

I've previously installed FreeBSD 3.1 on the machine without any
problem.

TIA for any assistance.  Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can
provide any additional information that might help diagnose the problem

Best regards,
Vernon