Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:00:05 +1000
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        Vincent Rodriguez <atgrim@thevine.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD installation. <still :( >

Hi,
Unless I'm mistaken, you are not giving it a master boot record. I seem
recall the install thingy asks about that. In the install, you make the
disk bootable, and it asks you if you want to modufy the Master Boot
Record.
If you don't get that right, you don't get a 'bootable' (ie, no system)
disk.

I forget the exact sequence, havent done an install for ages. but thats
where
the problem is.

bob

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au Books-New & Secondhand  Support Whirled Peas.

Agents for CIBTC. Associate of Amazon.com, and Partner Program with iBS.

Books about China, books from China.         Sheng huo jiu shi dou zheng

Business Links in Dalian, and Beijing.          Building the China Trade