Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:21:37 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Now that sigcontext is gone ...

Nate Williams wrote:

> > I'm trying to digest the recent signal changes and get a handle on
> > what I need to do to make Modula-3 work.  There is code in the runtime
> > currently which catches SIGBUS and uses the sigcontext's "sc_err"
> > member to find out the faulting address.  That should be replaced
> > by the siginfo_t's "si_addr" member.  But as far as I can tell from
> > grepping the kernel sources, that functionality isn't implemented.
> >
> > Is that right?  Any ideas regarding a work-around?
>
> I'm also very interested in this, so if you could post this information
> publically, it would be greatly appreciated....

That's right, it's not implemented yet. The work-around is to use
ucontext. uc_mcontext contains the trapframe which has tf_err
(uc.uc_mcontext.mc_tf.tf_err).

I haven't paid any attention to implement any of the fields in siginfo_t
because that may only have complicated matters. It may be required to do
some non-trivial rewriting to get all the information at the right
place. Since real-time signals are also in the pipeline and also may
have specific needs, both "problems" can best be considered at the same
time (IMO).

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/