Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 1995 23:02:55 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        evanc@synapse.net
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with 2940

Evan Champion stands accused of saying:
> Problem: mild filesystem corruption.  It appears that on write a bit

> Both the internal and external SCSI bus are properly terminated and
> we're using high quality cables.  I lowered the transfer rate from 10
> MB/s to 5 MB/s with no change.  I suspect that the problem is with the
> 2940 or the driver for the 2940 because SCSI bus parity should detect
> the single bit errors that I am experiencing.
>
> I hope someone out there is having this problem to so I don't feel
> that I'm going crazy :-)  Any suggestions as to what to look for and
> change would be very appreciated.

Start by enabling (if possible) memory parity checking for your M/B.
Then pull the 2940 and clean the contacts.  Move it to a different
slot.  Make sure you actually _do_ have SCSI parity enabled.  Wave
a dead chicken three times widdershins around the case.

> Evan

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[