Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 11:35:09 -0700
From:      "Nathaniel G H" <bsd_appliance@bemail.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Journaled file system

Hi folks,

Just out of curiousity, are there any plans to implement a
journaled file system for FreeBSD?

Some time ago, SGI announced they were opening the source to the
journaled file system used in IRIX systems, and that they would
integrate this system with Linux.

The biggest advantage of a journaled file system is that no file
system consistency check is needed after power loss.  This can
save many hours on file servers with huge amounts of storage.

All of my desktop computers (which run BeOS) have this feature
and, I can tell you, it has saved me a LOT of time on reboots
after power losses.

Thanks,
NGH