Date:      Sun, 02 Mar 2003 11:08:45 -0500
From:      Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: instant-workstation can't find ldes (for postfix)

Kris Kennaway wrote:

>On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 01:23:03AM -0500, Tom Parquette wrote:
>

>>Hi.
>>I've been trying to install misc/instant-server on my 5.0-CURRENT system
>>and I'm running into, I think, a postfix problem.
>>I've been looking at this and I cannot figure out where -ldes should be.
>>
>>For some reason, Gnome2 will not let me copy and paste the actual
>>command but it's complaining "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldes" followed
>>by "*** Error code 1".
>>
>>From the name, and the proximity to "-lcrypt -lkyrb", I'm guessing this
>>is crypto it is complaining about.
>>
>>I was under the impression that the crypto support was always installed.
>>

>This is due to the upgrade of openssl.  Have you tried cvsupping and
>retying?  Most of the problems have already been fixed.  If it
>persists, then please report which port was building when it failed
>(not instant-server, but one of the other ports it installs)
>
>Kris

Kris,
Rereading my post, I should have said Postfix instead of instant-server.
 Sorry.
Instant-server pulls in Postfix.  The problem also shows up if I try to
build just Postfix.

Can I clarify "cvsupping and retrying"?  My understanding is crypto is
one of the FreeBSD distribution pieces.  You also mentioned openssl.
Are you indicating I should cvsup and remake world/kernel or I should be
looking at openssl?

I'm being cautious partially due to ignorance of how these parts plug
together and the amount of time I have invested in this machine.
Thanks...