Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:25:49 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, jkh@time.cdrom.com, nate@mt.sri.com, hosokawa@jp.freebsd.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard and -current; a long way to go. :-(

Terry Lambert stands accused of saying:
> > My "vision" for looks something like this :
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Don't forget:
>
>  - A "card services" utility to "preunload" cards; many cards are not
>    happy with an unplug (the MS docuemnts and Intel documents go
>    over this in great, gory detail).

Understood.  Unfortunately, there's no way to lock cards in, so you
have to assume that the card has gone already.  Certainly "revoking"
the driver(s) handling a card should include an "unload" operation.

> > Yah, I know I should just get out and do it.  Gimme something with
> > PCCARDS in it that I can call "mine" 8) 8) 8)
>
> I thought you had a Multia?  My Multia have to PCMCIA slots...

No.  I looked at several, but came to the conclusion that AUD$1000 for a
working Multia system was too much money, and spent it on a P6 instead.