Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 1996 17:32:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com (Joe Greco)
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Helllp :-)

Joe Greco wrote:

> > > Something's changed in the last day or three that's caused the machine
> > > hosting mail.freebsd.sol.net some pain and agony...
> >
> > we had a mail surge this week.  i got 1600++ bounces yesterday alone.
> > here are some mail stats--first column is addresses, 2nd is messages,
> > third is addrs/msg leaving freefall (this is the effect of bulkmailer
> > by the way).  freefall's maillog for jul 31st is 24MB!
>
> Well disk is cheap :-)
>
> I've been a little unhappy with just how hard that poor drive has been
> getting hammered anyways (sounds like rapid machine gun fire as Sendmail
> iterates through the queue, it's an older Wren drive, and with 752
> queued requests right now it's busy for a fair portion of each half
> hour).

	yeah, we move a lot of mail....lst week we did over 2 GB by
	thursday (memory, not verified).  ns2.harborcom.net is a major
	player in delivering mail, as you can see from the stats.

	i done know how we would do it without yourself and the other
	relays ;)

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG