Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:43:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Darren Henderson <darren@bmv.state.me.us>
To:        Omer Faruk Sen <ofsenfreebsd@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scroll-back feature?

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Omer Faruk Sen wrote:

> How can I enable scrool back feature.One of my friend
> said it comes with bash2 but after installing bash2
> from ports nothing has changed.In OpenBSD it is an OS
> spesific feature(not bash spesific).But what about
> fbsd?

If you mean screen scroll back then if you are using syscons (sitting at the
machine and not inside X and have not activated the vt console type) then
pressing the scroll lock key will let you use the cursor keys to review
the buffer. Press scroll lock again to get out of it.

If you mean a command history and are using bash as a shell then the cursor
keys are usually configured to transvers that buffer as well.