Date:      Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:56:42 +0200
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        fbsdq <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NVRM: AGP cannot be enabled on this combination of the AMD CPU and OS kernel

I have problems getting the nvidia driver to work.
I get these error msgs starting X

NVRM: AGP cannot be enabled on this combination of the AMD CPU and OS
kernel NVRM: kernel upgrade recommended

+ I recompiled my generic kernel and leave option AGP out.
(nvidia's agp gart is used then)
+ I use FreeBSD-5.4p7
+ AGP card is "GeForce 6600 GT"
+ CPU: Athlon64 3400+

I looked into the README file and did some googling but could not find
an answer. Where does this error msg come from?
What can I do about it?

I did a normal portinstall of the nvidia driver so it's compiled *not*
to use freebsd's agp.ko

Although Xorg seems to work I'd rather know what the problem is..

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4