Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 17:48:13 -0500
From:      sridharv@ufl.edu
To:        Johann Sharizan <johann@broadpark.no>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Teaching parents UNIX

i agree with him. but whatever method you apply, if
you succeed I think it will be a milestone for unix in
general :-). this can be touted as a new parameter for
success of freenixes :-)..
hope you enjoy the task

Quoting Simon Siemonsma <s.siemonsma@hccnet.nl>:

> To me it sounds like you should hide FreeBSD
complexities as much as
> possible.
> Maybe make a password less account and install
something like KDE.
> It should even be possible to boot directly into a
graphical login.
> Basically don't explain them FreeBSD, explain them
how to use a graphical
> userinterface.
>
> Simon Siemonsma
>

> On Wednesday 26 December 2001 21:52, you wrote:
> > Hai hai!
> >
> > My mother and sister hardly knows how to navigate
through Windows :-)

> > What is the best way of flash-teaching them how
the most basic of basic
> > things are done FreeBSD? I'm not fit for hours
explaining. And this is
> the
> > only system I have available to her.
> >
> > I havn't really found anything she might
comprehend on freebsd.org, nor
> on
> > any of its links. If I'm missing something here,
please enlighten me =)

> > Regards,
> > Johann

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body
of the message

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of
the message

The fastest way to change is to laugh at your own
folly - Who moved my cheese