Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 1995 20:31:22 +0200
From:      Lars Albertsen <iznogood@iesd.auc.dk>
To:        Branson Matheson <branson@dvals1.larc.nasa.gov>
Cc:        iznogood@iesd.auc.dk (Lars Albertsen), hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Automount and finger.

>>  Is there anyway that I can avoid mounting ALL users when some fool
>> uses finger?  Right now my machine is mounting 447 user
>> directories....

>  I am assuming you mean if they finger all your users. I have
> never seen the case where a single finger amd's all the
> directories in a map. If this is really becomming a problem,
> you can disable the fingerd in the /etc/inetd.conf file.

No, the same thing happens if I type:

xiv:~/$ finger iznogood@xiv    <--- myself

Then amd starts mounting all 447 users.  Amd is started through
/etc/sysconfig with amdflags="/user map-file", where mapfile consists
of lines like:

iznogood  type:=nfs;rhost:=mega;rfs:=/priv/mega_2/iznogood

Am I doing something wrong?

Lars
Btw., I'm running 2.0.5-ALPHA, a great system.