Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 2000 12:39:15 -0700
From:      "Bob Silva" <bob@bravenet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installing on a Promise Ultra100 card

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C02BA4.9BC9D2E0

I just built a new server with 2 drives on a Promise 100 card. It is in =
PCI slot0 and kernel boot tells me as much. However when I go to =
install, it doesnt find any drives. But, lsdev sees both drives. Can the =
default kernel see and use the promise card? Or do I need to move them =
to regular ide first, install, then build a new kernel that supports the =
promise. Looking at ata code, it looked like it auto-detected the =
promise but...not so in this case.

Thanks, any help on how I should proceed would be appreciated.

Bob Silva

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C02BA4.9BC9D2E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just built a new server with 2 drives =
on a=20
Promise 100 card. It is in PCI slot0 and kernel boot tells me as much. =
However=20
when I go to install, it doesnt find any drives. But, lsdev sees both =
drives.=20
Can the default kernel see and use the promise card? Or do I need to =
move them=20
to regular ide first, install, then build a new kernel that supports the =

promise. Looking at ata code, it looked like it auto-detected the =
promise=20
but...not so in this case.</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>Thanks, any help on how I should proceed would be =
appreciated.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Bob Silva</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C02BA4.9BC9D2E0--